Thursday, July 28, 2011

You Are Never Alone

"I will ask Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever" (John 14:16)


Even when you feel you're most alone, God is there

Jeremy closed the front door, dropped his book bag on the floor, and headed for the refrigerator. The still quietness over the house made him sad,but it also angered him. It had been six months now since his mom had returned to work to help out with the family's finances.
Just once I'd like someone to be here to greet me when i get home from school, he thought.Why do Dad and Mom both have to work anyway? Jeremy plopped down the sofa and reached for the remote control. At least he had his video games to keep him company. But he still couldn't shake the empty feeling in his heart. 

"Lord, so many of my teenage friends either live in single-parent families or both parents work," he said. "Why can't my parents be here when I need them?".


While the computer warmed up, Jeremy spied his Bible on the side of the coffee table. Reaching over and picking it up, Jeremy was surprised when the book fell open to reveal a folded piece of paper with his name written on it. He recognized the handwriting as his mom's.

"Dear Jeremy," the note began. "I was looking for a place to leave this note, and I know you always read your Bible in the afternoon, so I figured this was my best bet. I just wanted you to know that I miss being home in the afternoons when you get in from school. Those few moments we shared each day mean so much to me, and I hoe for you as well. This job is not a permanent thing. It's just something your Dad and I have to do right now to make things more comfortable for us as a family. Our times together will return soon. Meanwhile, read the following scripture and know that in our absence you always have a friend. Love, Mom."
Jeremy glanced at the bottom of the paper, where his mom had written the words from John 14:18. 
I will not leave you comfortless.

Jeremy felt the emptiness in his heart fill with a sudden warmth- a personal "Hello, I'm here," from Him.

"Thank You, Lord, for always being here with me," he whispered and started to read.

Do you ever feel alone and that no one cares about you? Jesus said He would never leave you or forsake you. That means He is always there and ready to be a friend to you. 

Thank You, Father for being a friend to me. I can never feel alone because You have promised to be with me always. Amen...


P/s:this story really touch my heart when I read it from my book so I copy it and share with all of you..my friends... (^_^) we will never ALONE

2 comments: